Directions to Big Eddy
The campground is open from mid-May to mid-October.
There is no phone service at Big Eddy, however, they can reply via email email@example.com.
- North of Bangor, take I-95 to Exit 244 Medway/Baxter State Park
- Follow Routes 157 & 11 to downtown Millinocket.
- Follow signs through town toward Baxter State Park.
- Continue on the paved road until you see the large painted rock that reads “Keep Maine Beautiful”. At the rock, take the left turn onto a dirt road. Follow this until it ends (about a mile and a half). Then turn right onto the Golden Road.
- From here, DO NOT follow the signs to Baxter State Park.
- Continue on the Golden Road. Travel 13 miles to Chewonki’s Big Eddy Campground (entrance on your right).
Please yield to logging trucks. The Golden Road is privately owned, please note that bikes and motorcycles are not permitted. Please watch out for moose and deer .